Compare Visual Prolog Editions
Visual Prolog is provided as:
- The free Personal Edition
- The paid Commercial Edition
Programs produced with the Personal Edition can only be used in non-commercial and personal contexts, for other usages the program must be developed and build with the Commercial Edition.
The Commercial Edition have additional functionality:
- It can produce 64-bit executables
- It can produce DLL's
- It can bind to COM and Active/X components
- It has additional library support
- It comes with additional tools
The additional library support in the Commercial Edition should not be necessary for personal non-commercial usage. It includes things like
- ODBC support
- Interprocess communication
- HTTP server and client functionality
There are additional examples in the Commercial Edition covering some of the extra library functionality.
The additional tools should not be necessary for personal non-commercial usage:
- A command line project builder vipBuilder.exe for use in scripts
- A Solution Manager for managing multiple projects as a "unit"
- A Coverage Analysis tool
- A tool xmlSerializerGenerator.exe for generating XML parser/writer from XSD files
- A tool MemProfileAnalysis.exe for memory profiling Visual Prolog programs
- Integration to SourceGear Vault version control system