Visual Prolog 7.3 New Features
- Generic Interfaces and Classes
- Conversion to generic type
- Monitors with guards
- New operator == (must-unify)
- Universal term type any and the predicate toAny/1->
- The precedence of unary minus is changed (so that power operator has higher precedence)
- New built-in predicate fromEllipsis : (...) -> any* Terms
- Runtime distinction between privately and publicly supported interfaces is removed
- Preparations for supporting 64bit systems: built-in types integerNative and unsignedNative
- Extended versions of built-in predicates toTerm/2-> and tryToTerm/2-> (type as the first parameter).
- Native interfaces support (attributes):
- Other new attributes retired, noDefaultConstructorused
- External resolution is default for predicates declared with apicall calling convention.
- They cannot have clauses
- explicit externally resolution is only legal when a DLL is stated
- Local object predicates which do not use This (and therefore can be declared as class predicates)
- Unused local constants
- Condition of foreach statement which has no backtrack point (i.e. mode is not multi<vp/> or <vp>nondeterm<vp/>)
* <vp>unheckedConversion's that would be illegal on 64 bit platforms (e.g. pointer -> integer)
- Project tree is redesigned and reimplemented
- IncludedIn and Includes windows is moved to preview pane of project window
- Browse dialog is improved (automatically jump to the 1st occurrence of search entity on locate, save the last dialog position, etc.)
- Find In Files dialog is improved (one result window, F8 for next, mixed case sensitive search mode, state is saved, etc.)
- Namespaces support is improved (it’s possible to put forms, etc. in a namespace)
- IntelliSense feature is strongly improved for typing speed and convenience of work
- Improved tab navigation dialog, use ALT button for filtering [ReadOnly] windows and Del for closing windows
- Simplify project creation: Project Kinds (Console application, GUI application and DLL) instead of UI Strategy and Target Type
- Dump view improvements (Shift+F2)
- Sorting feature in Errors Window, Break points Window, etc
- Optimal Set of Includes improved (output, local scopes, etc.)
- Marking a particular variable in the variable window.
- View of long lists improvement
- Speed of restarting is improved
- Memory break points and fact access (for some types)
- Multi-threaded application debugging is improved (thread names, break points handling)
- Multi-line tool tips
- Collection library
- Algebraic: redBlackSet, leftistPriorityQueue
- Modifiable: mapM_redBlack, priorityQueueM_leftist, queueM_fact, setM_redBlack
- Persistent: mapP_redBlack, priorityQueueP_leftist, queueP_fact, setP_redBlack
- varM modifiable variable
- linkControl PFC version of the Link common control
- richEditControl PFC version of the RichEdit common control
- treeControl PFC model based version of the TreeView common control
- gdiplus PFC version of GDI+
- cryptography hash, sha1, md5 & base64
- eventSource generalization of event notification/listening
- monitorQueue thread safe queue class based on the monitor facility
- reflection basic functionalty for code reflection
- inputStream_null & outputStream_null media-less streams (input is exhausted; outpt throws away)
- lZ_fileSystem_native Interface to Lempel-Ziv Decompression API functionality
- shell_api Api level interface to the Windows Shell
- winsock2_native native bindings to Windows Sockets 2
Extensions and improvements of existing packages
- List package was improved for speed (predicates sort, removeDuplicate, drop, max/min etc.) and functionality (predicate isMemberEq (and similar predicates) that uses a deterministic predicate as test)
- GUI: listControl with owner-drawing capabilities
- Extend Windows API functionality (expand uxTheme_native with the rest of the functions and the constants from vsStyle.h, etc.)
- Add moving listener/responder to splitTwoControl
- Add the fraction handling from format to formatTime
- Improve speed for some packages (string, fileName, listViewControl)
- string::rear/2-> returns the rear part of a string
- Math package: predicates roundToInteger64/1-> and roundToUnsigned64/1->
- Better handling of default button size
- msXLM_api update to version 6.0 of diverse COMponent classes
- More efficient memory handling (using typed memory allocation for compound terms and internal facts chains)
- A lot of optimizations for speed and size of generated code
- Some new Demo Examples had been added (Parser Generator, LZDecompression and TreeControlDemo (CE only)).
- VipBuilder: extra option to ignore all required statements.
- Help on built-in entities.
- Extend Win32 library (with more names from MS libraries).
- Provide more context to consult exceptions.
- Linker: speed was improved.
- Vault Integration was updated to version 4.1.4