Tutorial Project. Release 12
Written by Victor Yukhtenko. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The programs listed below are part of the Tutorial Project Evolutions article.
The purpose of the Release 12 is to solve the game dimension problem. The Release 11 projects family had the game dimension problem - the overloading of the call stack on some values of the multiplication TheSizeOfTheBoard*AmountOfRounds and appropriate breakdown of the application.
Specialties of the Release 12
- The set of projects
- The only projects ObjectConsole and ObjectWin presented in the Release12. The set of projects doesn't contain projects Console, ConsoleLib, ObjectConsoleLib. These projects will not be supported in the future.
- Project ObjectWin contains now three variants ObjectWin0, ObjectWin1, ObjectWin2 (the Personal Edition contains the only projects ObjectWinLibX, where the UI is presented as the library). These variants show the phases of the modification of the code.
- The project ObjectConsole contains the only final solutions. The purpose of the project ObjectConsole is testing and compatibility check.
- The same functionality
The behavior of applications of the Release 12 is the same as the behavior of applications of the Release 11
- The test model of the player added
The only purpose of the creation of the model of the player Computer00 is to simulate the behavior of the application on the large amount of moves, which players make. Some Explanations
|ObjectWin0/Polyline12_ObjWindows||The code of the class SeniourJudge is modified to make it clear the of the interaction of players and the class JuniourJudge. The player model Computer00 added. The Player Computer00 makes always the same special move. The class JuniourJudge recognizes this special move, doesn't show it on the board and informs the SeniourJudge about move occurrence. Thus the next move may be done. The maximal amount of moves is defined by the constant playLimit_C in the class JuniourJudge. The problem appears when playLimit_C=10000.|
|ObjectWin1/Polyline12_ObjWindows||The first step of the modification of the code to solve the problem. The recursive mechanism of the organization of moves is replaced by the iterative mechanism. The application works stable when playLimit_C=100000. The multigame mode and the interruption process is not modified correctly.|
|ObjectWin2/Polyline12_ObjWindows||The final version. All modes can run correctly. Test player Computer00 can play, when playLimit_C=100000.|
Download and Install
To install and run the set of projects of the Release 12:
- Download archives
using the PDC forum page VIP-Tools and Examples
- Extract archives listed above to the same directory. You should have in mind, that each of the archives creates the structure of the folders with the root PdcSpbSDK. Repetitions are possible. The result the structure of the Release 12 should look like:
Open, build and run (using VIP 7.3):
As before to build projects of the Polyline11 release the IDE variable SpbSolutions must be set to the SpbVipSDK directory.
Player Computer00 may be involved as the single player and must be assigned as the Starter.
The language of the application, if supported, may be defined in the command line by the language identifier:
- en - English
- ru - Russian