IDE Project Files
To produce an application in Visual Prolog IDE (Integrated Development Environment) you have to use the Project Settings utility (the Project | New command) to create the project description file and to create other default project files. A project file <ProjectName>.vipprj contains all information required for a project.
IDE also provides the environment file <ProjectName>.env for a project. This file stores the some information, like the set of opened windows, etc.
Operations on Project Components
- Using the menu commands File | New, File | Add, and Edit | Delete the programmer can:
- Add new components (object libraries (.lib files), packages, classes, interfaces, dialogs, windows, forms, menus, toolbars, icons, cursors, and bitmaps) to the project.
- Delete existing components from the project.
- Edit a given component. (In the Project Tree simply double-click a file or select a file and press Enter.)
- Using the Project Settings utility the programmer can change some global project settings.
- In the Project window the programmer can see the tree of files used in the project. This tree shows the dependencies and the include structure of the project.
Project Files as IDE Start-up Parameters
The name of a Visual Prolog project file can be supplied to VIP.exe (Integrated Development Environment executable file) at start-up as a command line parameter. It loads the given project into the opened IDE. Associating the .vipprj file extension with Visual Prolog IDE enables double-clicking any *.vipprj filename. It runs the IDE and loads this project into the invoked IDE.