Tutorial Project. Release 12
Written by Victor Yukhtenko. Email: email@example.com
The programs listed below are part of the Evolutions Tutorial Project article.
The Release 11 projects family had the game dimension problem - the overloading of the call stack on some values of the multiplication TheSizeOfTheBoard*AmountOfRounds and appropriate breakdown of the application. The purpose of the Release 12 is to solve the game dimension problem.
- Tested with Visual Prolog 7.3 build 7302.
- The set of projects
- The only projects ObjectConsole and ObjectWin presented in the Release12. The set of projects doesn't contain projects Console, ConsoleLib, ObjectConsoleLib. These projects will not be supported in the future.
- The Project ObjectWin contains now three variants ObjectWin0, ObjectWin1, ObjectWin2. These variants show the phases of the modification of the code.
- The Projects ObjectWinLibX correspond to projects ObjectWinX, but the HumanInterface is represented as library.
- The project ObjectConsole contains the only final solutions. The purpose of the project ObjectConsole is testing and compatibility check.
- The test model of the player added
The only purpose of the creation of the model of the player Computer00 is to simulate the behavior of the application on the large amount of moves, which players make.
If you have VipSpbSDK, then you will find all projects in the directory Examples\Polyline\Polyline12\Programs
To get the full set of projects of the series of the Polyline projects, please download archives using links at PDC forum:
to any convenient directory. The directory named VipSpbSDK will be created automatically.
Open and build projects:
Run command file Programs\BuildHumanInterfaceLib.cmd
Open and build projects (if needed):
To build projects the IDE variable SpbSolutions must be set to the VipSpbSDK directory.
The complex building
To simplify the settings and initial building of applicaions the Build.cmd command file included (BuildPersonal.cmd - please see details in Polyline Version Reference or in Examples\Polyline\VersionReference.html).
The use of Build.cmd file:
- sets the SpbSolutions IDE variable, which refers to the VipSpb SDK directory;
- "knows" where Visual Prolog is installed and uses VipBuilder.exe;
- builds all projects containing in the subfolders;
- builds all needed libraries;
- registers all pzl-Components (if needed);
- informs regarding the result of each building operation;
- Build.cmd file may be used together with the Visual Prolog CE only (please see details in Polyline Version Reference or in Examples\Polyline\VersionReference.html).
- Player Computer00 may be involved as the single player and must be assigned as the Starter.
- Run the application using the E of the IDE or run the executable at the directory EXE.
- The language of the application may be defined in the command line by the language identifier:
- en - English
- ru - Russian
- When running the program from the IDE, the parameter of the language must be placed to the field "Project Settings"\Run Options\Run Arguments, available from menu Project\Settings...